Monday, July 28, 2014

Creating the ?___________? Chronicles

Dear friends,

I want to create a new day on my blog called the ? Chronicles.  Not sure what to call it yet.  I want to highlight the friends and experiences that happen when people sit on the front porch to visit, cry, talk, solve the worlds problems, etc.  I was thinking Front Porch Chronicles (yawn), Swinging Stories (could be misconstrued - lol), If this porch could talk (insert melodramatic music here).  So I'd love your feedback on names - thinking it will be a one day a week highlight on who's dropped by - and yes you are welcome to come join me and be a part of this series in person :)

My handsome hubby and I love to sit on the porch and chat

You might get a glimpse of my partner and spouse Joe - who likes to drink coffee and hang out with Venus (the black cat)














 
My friend Denise stopped by for a lovely chat and cup of tea.  I enjoyed hearing how the edits of her second book are going and was thrilled to learn that she has publish dates for #3 & #4!!!  If you read paranormal romance check out her first book Syphon's Song  which is currently on sale!



Cheryl stopped by for a quick chat and picture before we headed over to our favorite upscale resale shop Wellspring Thrift where we found some awesome deals at their bi-annual sale.  It's less than a mile from my new house - squeeeee!






This porch is also a great launching pad for events :) The pictures below were taken on Sat. night the last night of Bridget's visit.
You have a choice of Swinging, rocking or just sitting :)

About to head off the porch for a night of dancing!

It's also a gentle place to recover from a week of revelry.  The above picture was taken the morning after dancing (and kayaking and Interplaying) before we took Bridget to the Marta so she could catch her flight home.


  



Last night Irena, our friend and previous neighbor, took a quick swing when she brought the girls over for a sleepover.  She gave the thumbs up for the new house even though it's 6 miles from the old neighborhood.
 

 Alex's best friend's are home from a month long camp and here the girls are pictured with the cupcakes Sammie made for their return!  They had a fun filled sleepover but I'm not sure they slowed down long enough to hang out on the porch :)







It was a fun and full week last week with the Gautreaux Gang.  It will be neat to see what this last week of summer holds before the kids head back to school!


Wrapping you around with infinite love and summer stories,

Christine

P.s.  The swing beckons you and I would love any ideas on what to call this "series."  What do you think?


4 comments:

  1. I love the idea you have for a weekly chronicle of happenings on your porch...looking forward to reading it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Darlene! I love that you and your honey will be featured in August when you swing by for a visit :)

      Delete
  2. Voices from the porch. --- Ms.Dorsey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heard this in a melodramatic voice with sci-fi music in the background :)

      Delete