Friday, August 1, 2014

Creating New Paths

Dear friends,

This morning, first thing, before I plugged in I did a quick doodle for my Daily Creative Practice.

Morning Doodle for my DCP




My friend, Trish (also part of the DCP group), asked if I had a story to go with it and this is what popped out of my head....


"Once upon a time there was a mom who was trying to figure out how to be the best mom possible - she looked to all her teachers including the wise, fun owl. There were so many factors, including the crazy, independent, wonderfully trying kids themselves that she decided to just be herself and stick a purple flower in her hair and call it good."

This summer, in addition to the move, we've been talking a lot about education options for our teenager.  Last year was a rough one and we knew things had to change.  Through family therapy and more we have made the decision to home school her this year.

Yes, we do know what we are getting into and yes it's exciting (and parts of it scary but good).

Beautiful moth on my front porch this morning



Alex started off her education career with Waldorf education and home schooling and has decided to return to that path before continuing on to college.

Sammie will continue at Duluth Middle and we all start school on Tuesday.

So wish us luck and lots of laughter.

Wrapping you around with infinite love and hope,

Christine  

P.S. My friend +Hallelujah Truth Ruth and I will be co-leading Interplay next Saturday - more on that tomorrow!

  

No comments:

Post a Comment