Monday, December 22, 2014

Rerverb14 Day 20: Space for joy

Reverb14 Day 20: space for joy (with thanks to Jen Lee)


Today's prompt comes from the phenomenal Jen Lee (photo credit Bella Cirovic). Jen's superpower is harnessing her gifts to offer beautiful resources for the creative journey, usually in loving collaboration. The forthcoming The 10 Letters Project is no exception. 

Jen writes:

One thing I learned in 2014 was how to make space for joy and levity, even in the midst of challenging circumstances or sad times. 

How could you make space for joy in the year to come? How could you protect it?



Dear friends,

I am so thankful that my life is filled with joy. Making space for it in 2015 will include continuing to invite and create grace.  Wander over to Atlanta Interplay's blog and check out this entry:  Interplay and Grace Making 
that I wrote back in Oct. 



 I am looking forward to making time and space for moments like the one where a Dragonfly (joy is part of this totem) landed on my leg at a Girl Scout Campout.



pic by Christine Gautreaux
Simple pleasures bring me joy...a walk in the woods (bonus if I'm holding hands with someone), sitting by the Chattahoochee river, time with family and friends and so much more!  I can protect it by taking a moment to breath it in...and have the moment.  I can take time to write down my gratitudes in my journal and be thankful for the joy filled life I lead.

Wrapping you around with infinite love and joy,

Christine

ps.  Here's a pic of our 15 yr old dog Merlin worn out after helping put up the Christmas tree this year but before the stockings were hung.  The pictures in the frames are of me and my sister when we were little on Santa's lap and my 17 yr old's pic of her on Santa's lap too :)


 

No comments:

Post a Comment